Friday, April 24, 2009

Beer On!

I definitely agree that the stimulus money could be put to greater use. We as a country are already in debt as it is and we are lending money to people who will put more people in debt. It sounds too me like we are trying to cover up peoples greed and deceit, take the Madoff scandal for example. I think we need to fight the wars at home first and make peace here before we try to make it abroad.

It's sad to see people go with out the proper necessities for a “normal” life and when I say that I mean being able to support yourself and your loved ones. The “homeless” as we label them do have a voice but I think a lot choose not to use it. There has been some action though, I know Austin has a small news paper run by homeless people.

Now veterans on the other hand, homeless or not, should be treated with the utmost care especially if injured during combat in some form or another. I'm glad there are programs like the GI Bill that offer soldiers a chance to continue their education. Programs like that play a big role in providing opportunities to support one-self after their time with the military is up.

I agree, we are a wasteful society who could combine our resources and change the world but we choose not too. If I have spare change I might give it to a homeless person but I'm keeping my quarters. On a good day I've been know to give one a beer or my left over pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. There are some fine points made in this article that I agree with, such as giving money to the homeless and some I don't agree with like the stimulus money.
    As far as the homeless go the people we see everyday are homeless, but they don't represent the majority of homeless who are women with children and the mentally ill. These clowns at every intersection are just bombs; they walk back and forth holding signs with stupid saying trying to get you to give them a dollar. At one time I did give money to them on a regular bases, that stopped when I tried to get one to cut grass for me for $40 for about two hours work, was told I can make more than that just standing here. If you can walk back and forth at a intersection for 7 or 8 hours a day then you can get a damn job!
    As far as stimulus money the part that went to people on social security or disability then they deserve it. The Medicare system have what they call a Gap period, its when people on Medicare each year medicines reach $2,400.00 each year which in some cases is the first month you have to pay the next $2,600 before Medicare pays for more medicines. If you see a old or disabled person one time in C VS or Walgreen's writing a check for $800.00 when a lot of them only make $600.00 or so a month, then you know the $250.00 that president Obama's stimulus packet gave them should have been $1,000.00 or more. They need it GM, AIG, and the rest of them don't.

    ReplyDelete